We have a system in place to support “product development”.
We are a design company whose main business is industrial design, product design and mechanism design. We consider the environment surrounding the products we design and create new value through our ‘monozukuri’ (manufacturing). On request, we also undertake packaging, logos, product photography, video and ODM.
- Prior to production, we review the product strategy and commercialisation goal image with the person in charge, to understand the business and organise the strategy.
- Based on the strategy of the request, the idea conception, 3D design, colour variation creation, operability and design verification through prototyping, and CMF design are carried out.
- Mechanism design and structure verification based on confirmed design. Confirmation, revision and sample verification of drawings prior to mass production at the production plant. Check quality of moulding trial samples and propose improvements.
- Mass production and sales
- Quality checks and improvement studies during mass production. If requested, product filming, video filming and filming direction are carried out on pre-production samples and mass-produced products.
Determine the goals that the product fulfils.
After signing a contract, we confirm the position of the requested product by mapping competitive products in terms of price, functionality and design. We use the design study as a reference to understand the situation of the competitor’s product and our own product to understand the role of the product. We interview you about the design conditions and determine the design possibilities and scope, e.g. if the product is to be produced entirely from scratch, or if the base or parts to be used are fixed.
Explore the best answers based on the strategy/plan
Design is not guided by the conditions in which the product is placed, but by the task of understanding the conditions and maximising potential. We understand and imagine the elements that will lead to the goal to be achieved by the product and study them in the form of ideas, sketches and plan drawings, and then carry out 3D modelling. We propose a design to the customer using a 3D rendered image. The direction is determined from the proposed design, and the design is finalised through simple prototyping and verification using a 3D printer.
CMFs determine the completeness of the product.
Even if the design, usability and functionality of a product are excellent, the product’s appeal will not be enhanced unless it is coloured in a way that resonates with the target audience and unless it is finished with the most suitable materials and finishes. We propose CMF designs suitable for your product.
Optimum package design
Packaging design is available on request. We design packaging that makes the product look attractive and communicates the product concept. We design the structure of the package and prepare the data for the printing plate.
Design until specifications are finalised and mass-produced.
Based on the submitted drawings, the drawings are checked and revised at the manufacturing plant. It is important to make corrections with the factory, as they often revise the drawings without understanding the details, which makes it difficult for the original concept to be conveyed when the product is manufactured. It is necessary to communicate what the factory is unable to do and propose solutions. After the design is finalised, we also check the quality of the trial samples at the time of mould making for mass production. Problems such as unexpected burrs and sink marks are identified and suggestions for improvement made. We also check the finish after cutting, moulding and painting.
4. Mass production and sales
We can also help you create the content you need to sell.
We also check quality during mass production and study improvements when problems occur. If requested, we can also shoot product photography, video and direct the shooting of samples and mass-produced products in cooperation with external cameramen. We attend and direct shootings to shoot the details and product cuts that you want to show from the product designer’s point of view, and to shoot according to your requests.